Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Before It's Too Late!

I get so excited to type blogs that I forget to talk about fun things that I get to do! Well I am going to make sure I don't forget that for the first time EVER I learned how to drive a standard this weekend, that's right, a real live stick shifting car. And it was SO scary!!! I don't know how people do that...

We were on the way home when Shawn stopped in his parking lot and said "Get out, I want to try something" so of course I got out and he said "get in! I'm gonna teach you how to drive this thing!" So basically a 5 minute lesson and he told me I was ready to drive all the way home...from HUNTSVILLE! I mean how hard could it be right, I've been driving for years! HA! 5 stalls later we made it (on super busy roads might I add, one guy must have known it was my first time driving a stick shift because when I stalled at a light he just laughed and got into the next lane, it was like he felt my pain!)
This is what I drove, a little tiny baby Toyota Yaris, which is completely opposite of my big honky Toyota Highlander! (which thank the lord and my parents that it's an automatic)

Later that day we went to my mom's house so I could make some mushroom ravioli's which are my FAVOOOORITE thing to make, here's my little baby pasta's "resting":

And after we ate the DELICIOUS pasta I tried to show off my new standard driving skills by driving home...let's just say the drive ended with me refusing to go any further after stalling out for the 20th time at a stop sign...bless my heart...it was so frustrating!! But I could not have had a more patient teacher, everytime I stalled out he would always say "It's okay! Just hold the clutch, start the car and try again!" Even when I pitched a fit and made him take over in the middle of the street we were still able to laugh about it later.

I won't be driving a stick shift anytime soon so don't worry the streets are safe! I just wanted to share that story before I forgot about it :)

Getting closer and closer to the day I move in to my new house!!
Maybe my dad will let me steal this little gem of a piece of furniture:

Gotta love a giant chair and a tiny mom :)

Here's to hoping your day is full of automatic starts and no stalls <3

No comments:

Post a Comment