Thursday, July 7, 2011

THAT Kind of Girl ;)

It's been quite a while since I've updated this thing, which really disappoints me because I am SO loving blogging lately, reading them, writing them, everything about them. I often times find myself in my every day situtations making mental notes to "blog about that next time!" haha and here I am slacking on my newest addiction.

Let's see what's been happening lately...hmmm...well this last week I went on a week long trip to Sevierville, TN for a family reunion. We went to the most PERFECT little resort place called Hidden Mountain Resort, it was so beautiful! Here is the link, I will definitely be wanting to go back there soon:


It was so good to see all my cousins and aunts and uncles and see how their families are growing! I couldn't even remember most of my cousins it had been so long since I had seen them!
Here is a tiny little picture of all of us! My dad is in the front in the green shirt
and my brother and I are on the far left side (I'm in a white shirt
and Tony is behind me in the orange!)

Fun little fact: My brother is the only Biernesser namesake left in the family and I am the youngest grandchild!

A week away from work, boyfriend, friends, etc. was a little bit too much for me but I definitely enjoyed being back in Tennessee. I got to see one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world JEN!!! It was so good to see her and catch up on what she's doing with her life. She really is one of the most beautiful, smart, funny and kindest person I have ever met. (She was our photographer for this ^ beautiful family picture haha!!)

My cousin Brian's PRECIOUS daughter Taylor, I loved this little girl! She was so funny and would just follow me around. We had a great time together!


                                                 I loved being around all those precious kids,
                                                  it really really makes me so excited to have
                                                          a family of my own one day.


But it was definitely nice when I was able to hand them back to their parents and go about my business. ;)

I guess I've been staying away from the blog because I haven't felt like I've had much to write about. But lately, I have been feeling so...I don't know...completely like a GIRL...i'm not sure if this is the right word but..."maternal" I guess (hanging out with all those little kids probably didn't help!). I've had the urge to cook, clean, craft and decorate lately. (Which a lot of those are things that I am NOT good at, but I'm hoping to get much better!) I guess that happens when you're my age and all your friends are getting married and having babies and I know it's only a matter of time, so in the mean time I'll just practice so I can be the perfect wife one day. (Hopefully shawnsy boo will be able to thank me for that in a couple of years ;) hehehe)

I cooked in the kitchen last night and enjoyed myself SO much, I really want to start exploring that world a lot more. My parents are both AMAZING cooks, their food is so good it could make you CRY and I want to be like that in my own right. So my new goal is going to be to start focusing on taking my time and enjoying myself when I cook.

SO I guess I should say my new GOALS, are to try to blog more, blog about my cooking adventures, attempts at crafting and organizing my life, etc. I need to start finding delicious recipes and fun little crafty things! Hopefully that will make this thing a little more exciting! (That's one of the reasons I love reading other people's blogs, I get so many great ideas and it makes me feel motivated to start doing more things!) I really also want to start exploring the area more, like adventures, etc. So hopefully maybe I can convince Shawn to journey around with me ;) ;)

Shawn and I are trying to make a list of places that we can go to for a vacation and I am trying to find super fun places for us to go and see! I'm definitely open to suggestions :)

I'll leave you guys with my ridiculous 4th of July story:

Caitlin, Allison, Blake and I decided to go to Freedom Over Texas Festival (or something like that), it was SWELTERING outside so HOT! (Surprise surprise, it's TEXAS) But for some reason my body decided to completely destruct on me haha not really, but I was miserable! I had the STRANGEST, ITCHIEST heat rash EVER all over my legs, it looked like little chicken pox. I was so stinking dirty from walking around and dirt was just clinging to me and then I cut the back of my foot on some stairs, so I'm rashy, dirty, bleeding EVERYWHERE and we all finally decided to call it quits before it even got dark outside haha. But besides the fact that I was literally falling apart I had a great time with all of them, we definitely laughed a lot! I was so surprised that I didn't even hear one single firework the whole night!

This post is ridiculously long...two more goals: find a way to condense blogs, and take more pictures to visually stimulate my maybe two readers haha

Hopefully this weekend will hold something fun to share!

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you could ask people to send you recipes and I could try them out for you? Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etsy.com is a great place to go to get your creative side inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you plan I'm sure it will be fun and unforgettable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristen,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Hidden Mountain to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete