Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Amazima

When I was in college in Tennessee, one of my best friends in the whole world was OBSESSED with Africa. Obsessed to what I thought was borderline CRAZY! Why would she want to go to this place? Why?? I understand that there are people there that need help, but there are people here who need help just the same. I was completely missing the point...along with her obsession with Africa, Jessie was OBSESSED with a blogger named Katie Davis. A girl who is our age who is doing big things for orphans in Africa. She was 18 I believe when she first went there and before she knew it she was the mother to 14 little African orphan girls. I won't go in to her whole story because I sincerely, really and truly, encourage each of you to go to her blog, start from the beginning and read about her journey.

You cannot read her story without feeling inspired. Don't believe in the miracles of the Lord? Need to believe in a miracle of any kind? Need to believe in hope? Need to be reminded of the goodness in people? Read this blog.

I've always thought that I was a reframer, I take every situation and I always try to find the good. But I tend to leave out the part about Jesus.

If you can't read all the posts, pick one of these, they left me so inspired:

Here. Here. Definitely click Here. Ohhh but definitely this one too! Okay, I haven't made it through her whole blog yet, I started from the beginning and I'm still half way through 2009. Here are some quotes:

"I never want to leave this room so full of the Holy Spirit that I can feel Him like electricity pumping through my veins, so alive with God’s love and promises that all we can do is dance.

So here I am. And one day I will leave, but I will always come back because my heart will remain. THAT is what it is, that is why. The joy of the Lord bubbling up inside me until i threaten to burst. The God inside of me and all around me who makes me dance."


"and these moments, these little glimpses of something better and higher than the world that we live in keep my face smiling, my eyes shining and my heart dancing in my chest. it will keep me pouring out every ounce of everything that i have because there is no better blessing than the opportunity to give yourself away."

I guess I finally realize why you love Katie Davis so much Jessie ;)
Now...who wants to find an organization in Houston with me?!

1 comment:

  1. Wahoooooooo!! Thank heavens you love Arica and amazima now, too!!! I'm gonna go read the posts you linked to now! Was one of them the one where she had everyone over to give out school supplies and officially enroll all of them in school. That was my favorite everrrrr. Ummmmmm also I already googled Houston churches (just in case...) And the one you are hearing Beth Moore at has a program for sudanese(I think) people?!? Volunteer with that!!!

    ReplyDelete