Thursday, December 1, 2011

Not a second too late

How God works in my life...Hope you're ready to read ;)

I am not the most OUTWARDLY religious person, I don't go to church anymore (I wish I did but I just have no self control to get out of bed early and I'm too selfish and lazy to go at night...this will change though!) But I do FULLY believe in God and I thank him DAILY for everything that he has provided to me...because it's a LOT.

Yet, I'm a worrier...I worry all the time. And it's so funny because everything that I worry about ALWAYS works out in the end so you think I would have learned my lesson by now.

Last weekend I went to the Rennaisance Festival with Caitlin and Lindsey and Linds and I went to a Tarot card reader. She told me that I would be facing some challenges at work (check), that there was someone from my past that had come for a relationship (check), but then she started talking about how I had financial issues...and then I was like darn it, I wasted my money.

BUT...literally this week was TERRIBLE!!!!!

Backtrack a little bit...

I've never had a credit card before. Never needed one I guess...my parents paid cash for my college education so I never had to take out loans...therefore, at 23, I have ZERO credit history...not good. I've been trying to get a credit card for a while and I always got turned DOWN! Haters...

So finally about 3 weeks ago, my mom came with me and cosigned on a credit card for me. I hadn't heard anything back from them and had pretty much given up on the fact that I was going to get approved, but, on Sunday my mom checked the mail and there it was!!!! I was so excited!

It literally came just in time...

I was out from work for a week and a half because my sister passed away and I had things that I needed to take care of away from here so I only got paid for 3 days last week. (Don't get me wrong I have a LOT of money in savings, a lot more then most 23 year olds, or 30 year olds for that matter, but that's SAVINGS and I don't want to have to use that just yet).

I get paid weekly and each week $100 goes straight to savings...

So my pay check this week is...well...let's just say, I've had better. So with all my rent, plus bills, at the end of this week I will have $13.85 in my checking account. I have a dentist appointment on Friday and it's going to be pretty expensive. If it weren't for my credit card arriving at the PERFECT time, I wouldn't have had money for gas, groceries, or the dentist.

God Provided!

Also, one of our roommates abruptly moved out last month (he lost his job so I guess it's understandable, but he really left Chris and I hanging...). I had a mini panic attack yesterday when I thought about having to pay $825 in rent this month when I didn't even have that much in my checking account. I called Chris yesterday so he could calm my nerves and he told me that there was a guy coming to look at the house that day! Two hours later he called me to say the guy had put down money for the security deposit and paid the rent for this month...literally a day before rent was due.

God Provided!

It ALWAYS works out...why do I worry?? Literally two posts ago I posted that bible verse that says it will be on time, not a second late. God keeps us, he is FOR US. This song below is one of my most favorite songs in the whole world...when I'm feeling stressed I listen to this over and over again and just cry my little eyes out and sing the words in prayer. I know it will work out in the end and I know that things will get better. They always do!


I am so grateful to have parents who are so supportive and will help me out when I need them.
I am so grateful to have the opportunities that I have had.
I am so grateful.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post!!! GOD does PROVIDE!!!! I am a FIRM believer that God sends us through things, just so that we can TRUST him. I also believe that he wants us closer to him by attending Church services. I know that when I miss church, it seems that the week turns into something horrible. I will be praying that you are able to find some strength in attending Church Services... Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me cry girlie! I truly love your spirit. God is Good all the time and all the time God is good. This year has gone by really fast and i have had some ups and downs and I (like you) tend to be a worry wort to. I am thankful for God and friends like you in my life who can help me put things in perspective. (when is our next get together?) ily! DD

    ReplyDelete