Monday, October 17, 2011

Around the World in One Day

This weekend was a great one for suuuuuure. :)
On Saturday Shawn and I spent the day birthday present shopping for his cutie little dad and then we met up with Caitlin at Grimaldi's for some super yummy pizza and even yummier Sangria's!!
Then Caitlin and I headed to help out at a retreat for Junior High kids at St. Simon and Jude...what a trip that was. It's crazy to think that a couple (or more) years ago that was me, at that same church, going on the same kinds of retreats. It was SUCH a fun time...but let me just say...it definintely smelled like junior high up in there...whew... ;)

Sunday was a whirlwind day that started with Cuban food, moved to German culture, on to Japanese food, and ended with Italian food. After I left the retreat I headed straight to my mom's house where we tried our hand at making Cuban sandwiches. This picture is a cell phone picture and does NOT do it justice but here is our final product:
For a better picture and to see the recipe that we used just click here.
So yummy and warm and good!!!! Afterwards we headed over to the Oktoberfest that was going on in The Woodlands, we got there right as it opened so we beat the crowd (to say the least). Only problem was the sun was just BEAMING down on us the entire time...for 84 degrees it was insanely HOT outside. But we got a chance to walk around and I bought a super cute dress for me and a little pair of dancing girl earrings for my mom. So I'd say it was definitely worth it.

After the festival we cruised on over to Hubble & Hudson which is one of our favorite places in the world. I've been wanting to make sushi for a very long time but just haven't had the chance so I made sure to get every supply that I would need (plus a little extra) and we went home and I tackled a new challenge:
Homemade sushi!!!
It was so yummy, I made some for Harold and I.

We finished off the night by meeting Shawn's parents at Brio for a birthday dinner for his dad. We were there for about 2 hours just laughing and enjoying the night. One of the gifts they got him was a Wii sports game so we went over to their house afterwards and played. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I mean arms are flying everywhere, pictures were hit off of tables and walls (on accident of course), I mean those people really got into it! Haha it was definitely a great night. The night ended when his mom and dad were boxing and his mom got so into she accidentally stepped on the cord and ripped the sensor bar off the table and the game turned off....hilarious!

And now it's Monday...I'm really hoping this week goes by quickly.
SB and I are gonna try to hit up the Renaissance Festival soemtime within the next two weeks, it's been forever since I've been there, I can't wait to see all the crazy dressed up people. :)

This Saturday we're going to be doing a Fajita and Margarita night so I'll try to remember to bring my camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment