Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lazy Bones

I literally check people's blogs every single day but I can't muster up the energy to write my own. So...TOMORROW ;) I am going to post a "September Re-cap" since I pretty much slacked the entire month. So this is going to be kind of out of order, but I want to post all of these things because I want to be able to look back and remember what I've been up to lately. (Warning: most of the pictures were taken on my cell phone, so not good quality) :)

We'll start with the past two weeks:

We had a barbecue to celebrate my brother's birthday (September 16th)...it was tons and tons of fun and my dad did a great job putting TONS of food together and really fun little games all around the back yard.
There was this guy:
The boys called him "Brucey"...why? I have no idea, but he was filled with candy...miniature liquor bottles and cigarettes (real classy bro)
Haha but everyone had a really good time!
CAITLIN (here is your blog shout out ;) ) and I taking a break inside...it was kind of hot that night! LINDSEY (your blog shoutout) came too, but I didn't get a picture :( It was fun...definitely an interesting night for Caitlin "prettiest girl you'll ever see at a Biernesser BBQ" Keller ;)

Fast forward to last week and work was SUPER stressful, I'm talking just thinking about it and talking about things that were happening made me literally break out in HIVES...my body is super dramatic I guess. That has NEVER happened to me before hahaha it was hilarious though...my boss and I were cracking up...and thankfully one of the sweet sweet guys that works with me went to CVS and bought me some benadryl so they went away very quickly! How ridiculous is this:
(Please ignore the RIDICULOUS look on my face in the picture...I have NO idea why I look like such a...special person)

 Last Saturday my mom and I spent practically the WHOLE day cooking, it was SO much fun!!!! Shawn's mom's birthday was on Sunday and her two favorite things in the whole world are Almond Joys and Payday candy bars. That's what she wanted...so I decided to get a little more creative with it and found some recipes for Almond Joy Cookies and Pay Day Cookies...they were so good and literally made from scratch! All I can say is last night I got a call from Shawn's mom and I had to force his dad to share with her, since I made them for her anyway! Haha too funny :)
 Yummy Almond Joy cookies!!!
Delicious Pay Day cookies!

 Of course while we did the girly baking Shawn and Harold watched football and we made sure to make them a good "Man Lunch" to eat while we went about our business.

After we finished baking we made a delicious Bouilabaisse that I found at Foodjimoto's blog (click the link to check it out). It. Was. So. Good! Seriously, everyone was expecting it to be super fishy but it wasn't at all!!! It was AMAZE! I'm serious, make it! The broth was like liquid gold, SO GOOD!!! It was so simple and easy and tasted awesome. We made a gigantic pot of it and it was literally all gone that night.
I didn't get a picture of ours but this is the one from the website. She has tons of other yummy yummy yummy looking meals!! I made her Grilled Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto too, those were gone in like 5 minutes. Check out her blog, you won't be sorry!!

September was full of a lot of fun little adventures and I did a lot of cooking and I can't wait to share the recipes with you! They have so far all been total HITS and super easy so if any of you want to impress someone with your cooking skills, I'll make sure to add the links to all of them!

Here we are at a wedding we went to two weekends ago, Shawn had just taken off his tie so he looks like a little Mormon boy, but he is just so stinkin' handsome in a suit, my goodness! Bless his heart, he hates this picture, but it's the only one I got from that day so...it'll just have to do :)

Shawn and I are going to check out an Asian Grocery Store hopefully tonight, so I'm sure there will be plenty of interesting stories that come from that!

Happy Tuesday everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment