Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nibble A Little...

This weekend was filled with more and more recipes.

Saturday Shawn's man meal was FAJITAS!! We did a little fajitas and margaritas party at my mom's house. Shawn and Harold were in charge of the margs and mom and I were in charge of the food, and let me just say...what an excellent job we did. ;)

We started with these little southwestern egg rolls, I wish I knew where she got the recipe from but I'm not sure...she made them...and they were delicious!!!

Egg Roll Mixings

Ready to be Baked!

Ta Da!!! Delicious :)

She also had this walnut, cream cheese & salsa dip thingy...to DIE for. The boys scarfed it down. (Mom I want this recipe!!) :)

"Nibble a little, Drink a lot!"
They made sure to be prepared with cups. (Shawn was our cup decorator, that's a mighty good heart honey!) ;)

I tried a homemade cheez-it recipe...they were so yummy!!!!

Ready to be made into cheez-it dough!

But first, egg roll cheers! (Perfect manicure)

I think I need another geometry lesson, my squares were not very squarish!

But they still turned out veryyyyy good!!
Go here to make your own!
(I just love any opportunity to show my beautiful nails...ugh...
note to self, after this blog, paint those things!!)

I forgot to take a picture of the entire reason we were there! But hey, give me a break, I was hungry!!
The fajitas were amazing and my mom made homemade mexican rice and I made homemade refried beans. It really pleasantly surprises me how easy it is to make certain dishes that are things you eat all the time but never would think of making yourself. (Like refried beans?! I've never even thought about how to make those, just open up a can?!)

And these candied pecans...YUMBO!!!! I packaged them and brought them to my coworkers and roomies who agreed with everyone else that tried them, they were super good!!!!! Get the easy recipe here!

Aren't they just the cutest?! Shawn was our little photographer while we cooked.
I just love them :)

Then, if you ever make one thing from this blog (aside from the ribs, you MUST do those), you have got to make this Pizza Pot Pie recipe. It was amazing!! And the guys...LOVED IT. (It would seem that my food is only good if the guys love it...well I guess that's true!) My cell phone picture is not that appetizing...but look at Foodjimoto's:
Couldn't you just dive right into that?
Everything about this recipe is perfect!! So yum.
(She does leave out some steps, like when to add all the tomato products, so if you make
this on your own, add these 3 things after you add in the red wine)


Butterhorns. Safe to say this is my dad, brother, stepdads, etc. new favorite cookie. (Minus Shawn...weirdo...he said it just wasn't his thing...what? Delicious cookies aren't your thing? Fine!)
If you choose to make these (taste like a cinnamon roll in a cookie!), you'll need to add more flour then the recipe calls for (I learned the hard way, mom saved the day!). You'll just need to go by sight and texture of the dough.


And finally, we finished off the weekend with these beauties. Mini Beef Wellington appetizers. There are two things I look for when I'm trying to find recipes to make, not too many ingredients and something that will taste delicious. This recipe is so easy and simple and the end result is AMAZING...people will think you worked a lot harder then you did. My mom cooked these up while I worked on the butterhorns (But I did help put them together) ;)

Whew...reciped out yet?!

All I know is I'm glad my mom and I have a ton of guys in our lives that love to eat.
We made so many things last weekend (we decided we need a break this weekend!)

Still trying to convince SB to take me to Ren Fest...I'm thinking this Saturday seems like a great day to go ;)
AND in January Shawn, his family, hopefully my family, and I will all be going on a cruise!!! So excited about that, the trick is making the recipes and not eating them all...challenge ON!

Some of my favorite web sites to look for recipes/craft ideas on:

No comments:

Post a Comment