Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Man Meals


So, my love of cooking is no secret, and my love of taking care of that guy right up there should also be nothing new. Every week I give him a list of about 4-5 things and tell him to pick the one that sounds the best (or I ask him if he could have anything, what would it be), he picks, I make.

It's what contributed to a lot of the recipes I've posted the past two blogs. I call them his Man Meals. Just trying to make his sweet little belly happy.

Last week I kind of TOLD him what his "MM" would be...RIBS!!!!

I came across a recipe from Foodjimoto's blog (if you haven't been yet, GO) and I knew I had to try them.  And let me just say my mom and I had a house FULL of very stuffed and happy boys. 
SB said they were the BEST ribs he'd ever had and Harold said the same thing and even asked me to make them for his birthday!!
SUCCESS!!!!

But here's the best part (because truly they are the greatest ribs I have ever had), they only took an hour and a half....yep that's right. For tender, fall off the bone, make your boyfriend/husband smile from ear to ear ribs. With only 4 ingredients. 

So just do yourself and the men in your life a favor and click here and make these ribs!

These were the ribs after I cooked them in water for 45 minutes. I took them out put them in the roasting pan and basted them with the sauce. They look ready to go in the oven!

You baste them every 10 minutes for 30 minutes after that and then before you know it they turn into this:
Are you dying yet?! Yum!!!

I was in charge of making the ribs and a german potato salad (I wish I had gotten pictures of it because it was a big hit too) and mi madre was in charge of making garlic bread (if you could have smelled the smells from that bread!) and baked apples.

Super successful MM if I do say so myself.
Even Pablo was too stuffed to move. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment