Monday, August 15, 2011

Back to School!

It's that time of year again!

Gosh high school and college seem like a lifetime ago...it hasn't even been two years since I graduated...almost but not quite ;)

I remember going to Tennessee for the first time and when my mom left me I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't know a single person. I had no idea where or what anything was. My roommate was...well...let's just say we were VERY different. I was scared. But in those 3 1/2 years that I was there I made some of the best friends and the greatest memories and I am so happy that I had that experience and I'm excited for other people as well. I can't believe that some of these girls are seniors this year...I can remember when they were just little Freshman...sad. Time goes by so fast!! Wahhh....

Okay enough reminiscing!

Shawn is about to start school too and is heading back up to Huntsville pretty soon (which is close to an hour and a half away from my house...not quite that long...but close) So in the spirit of school starting I decided to make him a little care package as a way to send him on back!
(Super cute Mac computer not included) ;)

How fun is this!

I love school supplies so I had to really hold myself back from getting a million trillion things.

This super fun care package holds:
  • Notebooks (for him to scribble my name with hearts around it while he's not really paying attention in class, right??) ;)
  • A dry erase board for grocery lists, or to do lists. Which probably won't get used for either of those hehehe!
  • A really fun pack of mechanical pencils, pens, and highlighters! I died...I love this kind of stuff!!
  • A little stress ball for him to squeeze to get his frustration out (he's a math major...I should have bought him some more...)
  • WINE CUBE!! You read that right, a little cube filled with wine packs...LOVE!
  • Poptarts
  • Bubble Gum!
  • Oreo's
  • Chips and Homemade Salsa! (his fav)
  • Ritz toasted chips
  • Chex Mix
  • Gatorade
  • Some Laundry Detergent 
  • Hair and Body Wash (which really freaks me out but I guess for guys they can use the same thing on their hair that they use on their bodies...boys are so weird!)
  • Toothpaste
  • Razors
  • And to put it all in: a crate. Which can easily be used for storage once he empties out my care package
I love making little things like this for people and I will find any excuse to make a basket of things. So if you want one just let me know ;)

If you're starting school I hope that it is a GREAT year and that you enjoy every single moment, even the most stressful ones! 

So to everyone starting school again HAVE FUN! I'll leave with a little picture of my baby crab...already sick of me taking a million pictures of him.
Hehehehe!

How many more days till football season?

2 comments:

  1. You are so darn clever! How can anyone not fall in love with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you little krissy girl!... your little kelly girl friend would like a Midland care package pleaseee..... put you and caity in it please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete