Thursday, August 11, 2011

Slacker!

I did so good last week posting blogs and this week I have just not been motivated! (Not that I've had anything better to do...) So I'm doing two posts tonight because I have a lot to say (HA! not really but I have had some stuff on my mind lately but that's for the next post...) ;) So this is the personal life post, just little updates of what's happened since the last time I was here: 

So what have I been up to???
I'm still playing around with my camera trying to figure it out.
Groupon has this great deal for a photography class so I'm thinking about taking that and a photoshop course (unless my sweet friend Caleb will help me out with that) ;)

I spilled and broke nail polish all over the bathroom...I got it off of everything except for the wall...YIKES!!
 I just love him so much :) Even though I'm the one that broke it he got right in there and started cleaning it up.
 Seriously, it was bad and smelly! It looked like I murdered Barney or something...oopsies!
So I promptly rearranged the little area that the nail polish was sitting so that an accident like that wouldn't be happening again anytime soon.

After we partially cleaned the bathroom we headed to the grocery store (just to get stuff for one meal though, not full on grocery shopping yet, but I'm about to crack and have to go, all I have are noodles, rice, canned/frozen veggies and tuna...this girls needs some red meat or some chicken!)
Shawn and I love looking on tastespotting.com at recipes for little inspirations and we've found so many things we want to try but I actually ran across this recipe for steak salad on my friend Sarah's blog (I'm sorry if you see this Sarah, I don't know how to link to your blog!) but you can find her blog here: Cupcakes and Bunnies.

She found the recipe on www.thepioneerwoman.com (lots of goodies!)
It was super easy to make and the marinade for the flank steak was TO DIE FOR! So Delicious!!!
I thought the whole thing was really good but Shawn didn't care for the dressing very much.
(I always get way to excited to start taking pictures that I never really wait till it's finished so here are pictures of our salads without the dressing!)

So colorful and yummy! I had it for lunch the next two days and it really held up well!
My suggestions: It calls for a whole small thing of mayo and a whole can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, this is not necessary just doll out enough mayonnaise and peppers in sauce that you can see yourself using on a salad and save the rest for something else because it makes a LOT of dressing.

Find the recipe here!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/08/chipotle-steak-salad/

The marinade for the steak was so good and I still had some ravioli stuffing left that I decided to try to make shrimp ravioli (instead of the usual mushroom). So I marinated the shrimp for about 4 hours in a marinade of olive oil, worcestershire sauce, oregano, cumin, honey and I also used some of the leftover dressing. Super simple. Super good!!!!
I didn't have any eggs to make the ravioli dough so I used the egg substitute (called Egg Beaters) and I couldn't even tell the difference and neither could Shawn.
Mmmmm....of course I took the picture before I added the diced fresh tomato and grated parmesan cheese to the top but it was so yummy!!
Shawn had two full plates (the kid never eats so this was definitely a success!)

Tonight, I have no idea what to do for dinner...like I said before with the things I've got it doesn't really cater to my creative cooking side. I'm thinking some tuna and seasoned rice tonight but this weekend I might have to make a trip to the grocery store. But don't worry everything will get used!


1 comment:

  1. i wish this was your passion when we lived in gateway. ugh. we would have saved so much money. darn makinos.

    ReplyDelete