Monday, August 1, 2011

C is for CJ

Confession: I broke my "no grocery shopping until I eat everything in the fridge" rule yesterday...now before you get upset with me it was for a very good reason, I promise!!

I got my pasta maker for my birthday last week and I was originally going to wait until I needed to go to the store to get the flour and eggs that I needed to make the pasta but I just couldn't resist! It was practically calling my name from the cabinet. So since I was getting the flour and eggs I thought, I might as well get the rest of the ingredients for the sauce! And I was kind of hungry...so I bought a pre-made rotisserie chicken too (cause I knew I could get a couple good uses out of it) ;) and some french bread to go with the pasta.

It. Was. Delicious!!! So good! In total it took me about 5 hours to make, but it was so worth it. It was my first time making pasta without my mom being there for me to ask a million questions and see if it looks right. Needless to say I was proud, I make the best little ravioli's ever! ;)


(Not the best picture, I took it on my cell phone, but it was cheese ravioli with a delish mushroom sauce)
Yummyyyyyy, I did that!

Back to that little chicken I bought, I had some for lunch on Sunday, for lunch at work today and I even used it for dinner tonight. I used the rest of my chicken stock and beef stock, threw in some of my favorite hot sauce, boiled some noodles, added some mixed veggies, threw in some of the chicken and added salt and pepper. Super simple. Super quick. REALLY good!

This whole not going grocery shopping until it's all gone thing has really allowed me to explore flavors and I am so happy that I decided to do it! I feel like everyone should! It really is all about getting in your kitchen and using what you have to make something delish, and you'll be so surprised with yourself. I really do feel proud every time I make something and my roommates or Shawn tell me how good it tastes. Can't beat that!

Saturday I met with my friend Brittany and her daughter Breniyah (and the special guest whose arrival we're patiently waiting for, CJ!!). I met Brittany when I worked for Judge Connelly in Montgomery County before I moved on to my new job. I miss that office so so much!! Anyways...Brittany is pregnant with a little baby boy and she was nice enough to be my model so I could experiment with my pictures. I'm super happy with the way they turned out! I'm still playing around and editing them but here are a few of my favorites so far! (You can click on the pictures to see them a little bit bigger, but seriously they look so much better if you click on them and make them bigger) :)





CJ is already so loved! I can't wait to meet that little guy!! And he's going to have so much fun with his big sister, Breniyah is so sassy and so funny!

It was so so so hot that morning, I would have sworn it was 276 degrees but I got in my car and the thing only said 86...you have GOT to be kidding me Texas. Get out of here with this super hot summer!

So basically I'm in love with taking pictures and I am having so much fun playing with my editing toys. I can't wait to get even better at it. If anyone wants to let me practice on them ;)


On to roomie news...we've been living without a table of any sort since we moved in and the other day I got onto Facebook Marketplace and found a glass top table and six chairs for 125 bucks! Such a good deal, the seats definitely need fixing but, compared to prices we had seen this was a steal. I'm planning on buying some fabric and covering the seat cushions with it. Maybe that will be my next crafty project?! Hmmm...

I am so already sick of work and ready for the weekend again, I've been in such a weird mood today. Here's to hoping the week goes by fast!

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I LOVE THE PICTURES! the little tiny baby shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete